mercredi 24 juin 2015

Summer of Colour Week 3


This week we have purple, purple and yellow for our weekly colours! At first I wasn't so sure about these colours but I ended up having a whizzing time and loved the challenge!


It's been a tough week with Lulu ill with chicken pox, she is on the mend now, so all is fine.
But it's so good to be able to let go in the evening with some art time to wind down after the day!


I made a couple of collage cards too using recycled art and bits of magazine.


Here below are also some shots of our week-end in Amsterdam I promised quite a few of you I'd share. 





I loved this light shop below and had to take a picture of all these beautiful lights, quite magical!





















We had a wonderful week-end, it passed like a snap shot in our lives, but that's why we keep going back for more!


Linking to Summer of Colour and Paint Party Friday

33 commentaires:

froebelsternchen a dit…

Fantastic artwork to the SOC week 2 colors !
Great Amsterdam impressions!
Thank you for sharing!
oxo
Susi

Valerie-Jael a dit…

Your SOC work is wonderful, as always. Thanks for sharing the photos of Amsterdam, it is such a magical place. Hugs, Valerie

Lori Saul a dit…

Mesmerizing in both color and design!

Sharon Fritchman a dit…

Oh my goodness! I absolutely LOVED seeing the wonderful photos of Amsterdam! Thank you so much for sharing them! And I hope your Lulu continues to heal and get well soon. The works of art you made using this week's colors are so creative and beautiful! HUGS!!!

SCarol a dit…

Lovely pieces for summer of colour.

Unknown a dit…

Love your artwork - beautiful colours! :)
And I love the pictures from Amsterdam.
Especially the one of the Mexican restaurant
with the tiny balcony/terrace/beergarden :))

Have a wonderful day and my best wishes
to Lulu for a speedy recovery

Tinna ✐

ULKAU a dit…

Oh, I like your purple-yellow collage very much and the other pieces ... and the nice Amsterdam photos. Ulrike

Tammie Lee a dit…

your art, each piece is lovely.
i SO like the one with all the little curly figures in the squares, they are so charming.

it was lovely to see your photos. Amsterdam is a lovely place to explore, overflowing with charm. so glad that you got to get away.

sending healing vibes to your little one.

GlorV1 a dit…

I really enjoyed the photos. It's wonderful over there. Great collage as well. Sorry to hear about chicken pox. Guess it's still looming over us, unfortunately. Great job.

Anonyme a dit…

Wonderful work for SOC, how pretty. Fantastic photo tour, how charming that light shop, no wonder you took photos. xox

Linda Kunsman a dit…

beautiful photos of your holiday-looks like such a charming place! Your art for SOC is gorgeous too!

Rolina a dit…

I love all your works and the photos!

All the best for a quick recovery for Lulu!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces a dit…

Beautiful creations and pretty photos of Amsterdam. I hope Lulu will be fully recovered soon.

Giggles a dit…

Gorgeous artwork Kat and wonderful photos! Thank so much for sharing! Give Lulu a hug for me! So glad she's on the mend! Soon this will be far behind you!

Hugs Giggles

PaintingWrite a dit…

I really like your purple and yellow pieces - they look like you had a lot of fun creating them! I love Amsterdam - your photos are wonderful! Sorry to hear Lulu had chicken pox - hope she's feeling better (and stopped scratching!).

Laila a dit…

Lovely artwork and beautiful photographs.

sheila 77 a dit…

You've really nailed it with the colours, I so much like the first one with the abstract trees and the curves, and everything together makes a masterpiece with the little leaves, the circles and dots. I just love all of it.
Then the second, the loose patchwork is great to start off with, then the happy flower people and leaves - it's just amazing, so creative and original and happy. And so very inspiring.
Thanks for the photos of Amsterdam, makes me want to go there again, soon.

Gillena Cox a dit…

thanks for sharing your art and photos; that bicycle face on the wall made me smile

have a nice weekend

much love...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth a dit…

Looks like you had NO trouble with your SOC entry. The colors seem to suit you well. I enjoyed them all, including the cards.

Thanks for sharing Amsterdam. Not sure I've ever seen photos from there before. I was really amazed at the bicycles. Everyone must be in good health, if they pedal everywhere.

Kristin a dit…

xo

Carol Rigby a dit…

A great use of this weeks colours.I was a bit daunted by the colour choice this week but I too was happy with the result. I love your collage pieces too.

Annette P.-L. a dit…

Wonderful work for SOC! Fine photos, too!

denthe a dit…

You used the SOC-colours in a wonderful way in all of your pieces! The weekend in Amsterdam looks like fun. It's been ages since I was there, need to go back real soon .... ;-)

pauline a dit…

oh, sorry to hear Lulu had the chicken pox! i do hope she's feeling better. Your artwork is always so colourful and full of life. The kind of artwork I could look at all day. Love your colours and simple shapes. Those photos are amazing. Just beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing & i wish you a wonderful week ahead! xx

Fallingladies a dit…

Looks like fun pieces! And i love seeing the photos of Amsterdam as well!

Jennifer Rose a dit…

thanks for sharing the photos and lots of very nice and colourful work :)

Christine a dit…

Lovely piece for the SOC theme! And beautiful photos too!

JKW a dit…

I love all the colors together. Good adventure. The photos of Amsterdam (a place I have wanted to visit since I was a little girl) are tremendous. Thank you so much, I have a flavor of it now. Blessings, Janet PPF

Faye a dit…

What wonderful art you have made using the purple, purple, and yellow! Thanks for the delightful photos of Amsterdam. It must have been such a memorable trip. I especially enjoyed the bicycle wheels on the wall. What fun!

Carol a dit…

JUST REALLY LOVE WHAT YOU'VE DONE WITH THE COLORS THIS WEEK :) Your photos of your trip and beautiful, thanks for the visual vacation ♥

Nadya a dit…

What a treat to see both your lovely art AND the beautiful photos of Amsterdam! I felt like I stepped back in time ... Congrads on being the PPF featured artist.

http://dia-creationstation.blogspot.com/2015/07/wine-down-biz-muse.html

Paper rainbow a dit…

Wonderful interpretation of the soc theme and your photos are beautiful.

Maarit at Violets Corner a dit…

Cool art work and fantastic photos.

Have wonderful week!

Love and hugs
Maarit